FUNERAL PRE-PLANNING SERVICES
FOR THE LEWISTON, SANBORN & NIAGARA FALLS, NY AREAS
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen: their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranged funerals is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed.
At Hardison Funeral Homes, Inc. of the greater Niagara Falls, NY region, our staff is here to ensure your wishes are accounted for and that the process will go smoothly for your family. Going through the pre-planning services process and pre-paying for your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family. In addition to pre-planning your burial service, we can also help you select the right casket and burial flowers for your ceremony. Call us to learn more about our selection of burial caskets.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to periodic payments. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
Differences Between Burial and Cremation
Deciding on whether you’d like to have a burial service or be cremated will save your loved ones from having to make the tough decision on your behalf. The benefits of cremation are that the process is efficient. Direct cremation takes place shortly after death, so the burial service can be optional. Cremation services are also more affordable than burial services and prearranged funerals.
Burial services are typically more common than cremation as they allow friends, family, and loved ones to have their time to grieve and celebrate the life of the deceased. These involve a visitation, then a funeral service in their preferred place of worship. Preplanning services are very useful because merchandise such the burial flowers, caskets, and other interment receptacles have to be chosen and purchased.
Hardison Funeral Homes, Inc. has had the honor of serving our friends and community in the Niagara Falls, Lewiston, and Sanborn, NY area since 1921. If you need assistance with preparing a memorial service, burial service, cremation service, or other funeral pre-planning services, we welcome you to contact our funeral home today.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, choose an officiant, or pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Peace of Mind: Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone; pre-planning in advance makes the process much easier on your loved ones.
- Direction: Pre-planning gives your loved ones clear instruction when it comes to your wants and desires. This means you can make your arrangements in advance and all they have to do when the time comes is answer a few specific questions.
- Emotional Stability: Your loved ones will need to make many arrangements during this time, all while dealing with their grief over losing you. Pre-planning allows us to handle as many details as possible, giving your loved ones time and opportunity to focus on one another.
- Cost-Effective: When you make your arrangements in advance, you also lock in costs. Because funeral and memorial costs tend to rise over time, this can wind up saving you (or your estate) money and streamlines the process in general.
- Simplicity: Pre-planning is easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.